School Vision, Mission, and Goal
To Give Children the Most Valuable Things
In keeping with the values and philosophy espoused by Mme. Soong Ching Ling, we prepare our students to take their place in the world as global citizens. We respect the individual needs of children; foster a caring, creative, and inclusive environment; and nurture the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of each child.
In Primary School, we will help our students succeed by:
SHOWING OUR PRIDE!
We expect our students to show their PRIDE every day. Our students will be:
- Take a positive, active role in their community
- Accept and deal positively with human diversity
- Maintain a high level of personal and academic integrity
- Respect their own culture and appreciate cultural similarities and differences
- Recognize and affirm the dignity and worth of every individual
- Accept personal responsibility for their actions
- Practice environmental responsibility
- Interpret and respond to different sources of information
- Use effective communication skills
- Show kindness and support to all members of the SCLS community
- Think, speak, read, and write clearly in English
- Find appropriate solutions as an individual or in collaboration with others
- Actively pursue knowledge through a variety of resources incorporating the use of technology.
- Identify and solve problems by applying critical thinking skills and mathematical reasoning
- Select an ethical course of action when faced with choices
- Reflect upon personal growth and development
- Practice good health habits and physical fitness
- Acquire new skills and apply new knowledge